Monday 5 September 2011

Been a funny day today....

My ickle bitty baby girl trotted off happily this morning in her blazer at the gates of her new school...  She was sooooo chuffed....  I stood and waved her off, all big and brave... but it was a bit breezy by the school and I think I got some grit in my eye or something!! ;-)

So home I came....  feel a bit.. I dunno...  not lost, not worried, just a bit sad I suppose that my baby has grown up so fast...  blink of an eye she will be a teenager...  then a sixth former.. then (fingers crossed, because she is desperate to go) a Uni student.. and then a Grown Up!  It is all going too quickly!

So I sat here...  did my farm.. tried to work, but not in the mood... what shall I do?

I decided to tidy and sort out my craft cupboard.. that would keep me busy as everything has just been stuffed into the nearest gap and I can't find anything!! LOL

OK.. where to start.. Pro Markers...  Oh How I Love Them...  But how to store them?  I have a fairly limited space, so one of those beautiful converted CD racks people are making is out of the question, at the moment they are all in a tidy bag, but it is a pain in the ... you know what, to find the colours...  need a new way to store them!


Plus you are supposed to keep them flat so that all the ink doesn't go to one end......  So, I thought, maybe loo roll tubes... on one of my shelves.. colour sort them...  No.. all the empties have gone.. would have to wait too long to get enough for that idea!

Then I thought boxes... little boxes... Hmmm...  and I had a rummage around....  surprising what I keep at the back of shelves! LOL






so I stuck em all together.............. lots of glue!


and lots of parcel tape!!


and then I covered them....  very inexpertly I will be the first to admit, and in hindsight, should have done the insides of the boxes first, then stuck them together, but hey ho!


Finally I made a little "ramp" bit for the front so it was leaning slightly backwards...


And in went my pens!







Much Better....  OK, the box isn't brilliant, but it is only on my desk and I am not fussed!! :-)  Plus it fits neatly into one of the shelves, so can be cleared away....  Now all I have to do is find some little white round sticky dots so I can colour them in and stick them on the end of each pen!  But not today! LOL

If you like this and want to make one.. have fun.. if it turns out better than mine.. I will be jealous!!!

Take care

hugs xxxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Debs. Good storage. Don't rush off and buy more pens at least until you have been to me. I hardly ever use mine and they aren't much good on parchment. I think I just followed the trend.
    I am sure Amy has had a brilliant day and you will get used to it.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I remember the feeling well but now it's my granddaughter that's a teenager! Fabby little box for your promarkers. Wish they had the colours on the bottom though, would be so much easier all round. Hope your ickle bitty baby girls is happy when she gets home and enjoyed school. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ladies! My ickle bitty baby had a FAB day! Thank You! She cannot wait till tomorrow.... she has her temporary timetable (till she has been ability grouped) and is all ready, packed and raring to go..... Suppose I will just have to get used to the idea that the alarm is going off at 6.15 for the next seven years! LOL xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debs, what a super idea for storing Promarkers and what a lot you have got lol
    Think I will pinch your idea as soon as I am able to craft again.
    So pleased Amy had a FAB day at school, at least you won't be worrying as much.
    Don't like the sound of 6.15am alarm though.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Debs. Don't go buying labels though - I bought mine from eBay paid £1.42 for about 600! If I can find your addie I'll send some when I post my ATCs to Carol. Hugs to the growing up fast Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo Many thanks Pamela.... Don't worry about posting to me.. if you send then to Carol.. I am there in a few weeks! That would be great! Thank you! And hugs back from Amy! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.. I would love to know what you think of my blog!