Friday 3 June 2011

A (very) sticky way of saving money!!

Hello!!!  Sorry I have not been a round... all this booootiful weather and half term... busy busy!

Anyway... little story for you all of todays adventures.....

A little while ago, I went to a parchment workshop, and the tutor (the wonderful Tina)  had this fabulous little wooden block, with big holes in it for all her ink to stand up... as I am as clumsy as.. well a very clumsy person.. I decided I needed one, so I set to work on good old google to try and find one... with no luck!

I explained what I wanted to hubby.. who dug out his drill bits, and his largest drill is a fraction smaller than a Tinta bottle... Typical!  So back to google!!!

This morning I got an email for a company I get email updates from... and..... YES!!!!!  They have the wooden blocks .. New In Stock... two sizes... one for Tinta and one for Pintura... How excited was I!!!!  Off I rush... I had a look... bunged them in my basket.. and then thought.. hang on... I can make them

So I "tried"

At this precise moment I am sooooooo sticky it is untrue.... I have fingers stuck together, fingers stuck to thumbs... hair stuck to ear... elbows stuck to the desk, various sizes of off cut paper stuck EVERYWHERE, a very sticky knife......and I think I need to go and sandblast myself clean

Result...... using one empty cat food box and two loo roll tubes.. some paper and lots and lots of glue!!!!





For anybody interested... the link to the Proper holders is here ..... but don't buy them all cos I think I am off to get myself one!!!! All that sticky aggro today... to save less than six quid!!!ROFL

xxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debs, I can picture you as one sticky mess LOL, impressed you had a go though. Had a look at the link and guess what, I have one of these!!!, had it when I first started to parchment craft. Really must get back to this wonderful art and put my Tinta's in it.
    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message.. I would love to know what you think of my blog!